Leofric recently completed a contract to provide 35 concrete battery garages to Reading borough council.
Over the years Leofric have installed a huge number of 8F garages for Reading Borough Council. Although RBC have tried cheaper alternatives over the years, Leofricís 8F is still a favorite because nothing quite ticks all the boxes like the 8F;
- Tongue & grooved panel joints for greater strength and resistance to the elements.
- Rebated mastic channels on all panel joints, designed to conceal the panel joints.
- Sockets cast into the concrete to conceal fixings.
- Real 'Durite' or 'Sparlight', which is a calcite flint applied aggregate wall finish - no cheap blended imitations.
- Framed Fully Retractable powder coated up & over doors - guaranteed for 10 years.
- Cold Rolled & Galvanized purlins / trusses totally maintenance-free.
- Deep front rafter concealing a deeper flowing rainwater system with bitumen seal.
- 10 year fully comprehensive guarantee.
- Professional installation service overcoming slight base discrepancies with no fuss and bother.
- Factory applied anti-condensation fleece on all roofing sheets.
- Tried & tested design developed over decades and compatible with original 60s-era garages.
RBC, like many local authorities, are running an on-going garage replacement scheme renewing old garage stock that was originally installed in the 50ís & 60ís. Because the 8F has been more extensively used over the decades than any other system garage, replacing an old block of 8F garages is easy. The existing base can often be used, as the overall footprint of the garage remains unchanged. Likewise, if an old block of 8Fs is in need of refurbishment, Leofric are usually able to supply replacement parts.
To find out how Leofric can help you, call or contact us now for a free, no-obligation consultation.